Keretapi Tanah Melayu.

Nowadays, since the recent fuel hike and increasing road accidents, I travel by KTM, Keretapi Tanah Melayu. It's a great way to enjoy a good book and plan a bright (clickity-clack) future. The 12 hours time transition is a spiritual loophole where one can deal with one's clogged spiritual state and light up the seemingly dark road ahead. There's something about being in a enclosed compartment for 12 hours. It made me think. It made me feel as if I was in a womb and I'll re-enter the world with refreshed vigour and freshly peeled resolutions.
The only thing that bothered me last night was the position of my compartment. NO39, coach S2: sangat dekat dengan pintu. Closing the coach door a hundred and thirty two times taught me about tolerance (oh dah tua, mungkin tak larat, ok, maafkan...) and the importance of patience ("Tak reti tutup balik ka amoi!")
This semester won't be so much about me facing gruelling battles in architecture. It will be about me trying out new oppurtunities, realizing new ideas and learning about the anatomy of today's economy but most importantly, it will be about branding myself into a profitable entity but not so much so that it has to be reckoned with. I would like to think that I'd prepared myself for this, physically and emotionally, insyaallah.
So from now on I'm reminding myself to stay focused with a poetic:
Every single heartbeat is a universe of possibility.
and a practical:
Start young, think big and stick to it.

No comments: