Usus Goreng Kentucky

I sawed bones, played with innards and inflated intestines with water. Good fun. I felt a tad nostalgic because as a child, I loved playing with internal organs of slaughtered cows. It took about 10 minutes for me to saw off a relatively large bone whereas a shark could have easily bit it to bits in less than a second.
Tok was about to bury a set of intestines until I enquired "Boleh makan tak usus ni?"
Tok looked gravely at me, as if I said something taboo. "Boleh.." she replied hesitantly.
I inflated the intestines with water and it looked like something out of a war movie set. I then boiled it with a few pieces of perut. When softened, I mixed in Kentucky frying flour with egg whites before frying it to a crisp. When I sampled a finished product, the archangel Gabriel came down from the heavens and farted in my mouth. It was THAT beautiful! It tasted so good that I thought I should share it other people, which I did, only to receive a rather cold reception.
"Tapi sedap gilerrrr!" I insisted.
Tok, out of courtesy, pinched a finger-bite portion and swallowed it immeadiately. There was agony in her face and disgust in her squinting eyes.
"Sedap cucu tok masak.." she said unconvincingly.
Paksu defied medical explaination when he said he felt something queesy in his stomach just after eating a piece of intestine.
I returned to the kitchen and asked Kak Su. "Kenapa orang tak makan ya?"
"Orang sini memang buang bahagian dalaman. Kalau di Jawa sana, di kampung Kak Su, semuanya dimakan. Cumanya kami tak makan punggungnya."
"Bontot ayam tak makan?" a flashback of the whole family devouring satay tonggek. "Pelik."

6 comments:

Miss Tique said...

you shoulda srved that dish in my kampong in Kluang. we had the whole cow (except for the head, hooves and genitals)turned into a soup. Serve it with nasi impit and spicy sambal kicap....Man it was sooooo gooooood...!

RITZ CHEWAN said...

I think hey call that part perut susu, tried it once as satay in Bandar Tun Razak, Cheras... worth fighting the jam for...

art said...

felt queasy because of panadol + your nice usus lah..but wanna eat again..let me know if u can cook that at auntie tj's crib..

azyan azilah said...

saya dah makan otak,lidah,usus lembu. biasa je. sedap tau. lidah sedap bakar. heh

Afiq Deen said...

sedap tapi tak boleh makan selalu.

eleh eleh.. kang afiq masak sakit perut lagi. heheheh : p

art said...

my favourite...LIDAH lembu masak kicap atau rebus cicah air asam..huhuhu..beeessttttt...