The End of World

I realised how fragile we are as human beings after watching 2012.
I define myself by the people I acquainted myself with, which can be less than a thousand people. And yet when I stroll along a shopping complex, I always feel that I'm unique and my uniqueness is worth noting. Of course I don't dress weird or act a certain way to get attention, but a healthy dose of self esteem dictates that I feel a little bit special about myself. This is a delusion that makes me, or you, or anyone else feel a tinge of exclusion. To be comfortably isolated makes up for the reality of my anonymity.
But when disaster strikes, who am I to the eyes of others? I am just an obstacle, another mouth to feed, another body to sustain.
When disaster strikes, will I have enough means to escape and live to see tomorrow? If there is a special selection of people to survive earth when let's say 2 million people are chosen to board a gigantic arc, (like in the movie 2012) will I qualify to get in?
This is not an emotional response to another disaster movie, 2012 is a reality check for me. How will I fare when the best of minds and hands are rounded up for survival? I'm nothing. I'm no one!
From the minute I left the cinema hall, I felt that for me to survive, I've to be best in whatever I choose to do. I want to be the one of the 2 million chosen ones, that saving my life will do justice to the rest of the dying (or dead) human race.
Okay, maybe I'm being stupid for taking this movie seriously but think about it.... think about it for a moment and make a significant change of lifestyle. If life as we know ends in 2 years, what should you be doing now?

3 comments:

acip said...

babe!
2012 sucks!!!
hahaha...
neway i'm still thnkng bout da screenply for da boston comp / rantai art event...
u join???

Afiq Deen said...

I liked it a lot. Im a sucker for disaster movies like day after tomorrow n sinking of japan.

Boston comp? Nak join nak join! Ada info?

acip said...

http://www.iffboston.org/2010/index.php

diz iz da link...
da final due date is on 31 dec...
i'm excited!!!
if u join do tell me kay...

:P