Next!

To be hurt by the truth is better than being comforted with lies. I learned that line from the novel Kite Runner. If you haven't read a good book lately I highly recommend Khaled Hosseini's Kite Runner. I finished the novel in a week, which didn't beat my record time for Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban when I was 15.
After a week of Pashtun, Kabob and Taliban, I think I'm ready for the Booker of Bookers, the greatest novel in 25 years: Midnight Children by Salman Rushdie.
I've a feeling this book will change my opinion of Salman Rushdie forever. I've been holding back from reading any Rushdie's books since Satanic Verses. But then again, I thought, Kite Runner was also banned in some countries. I drew a simple conclusion, the banning of good novels is mostly political, not religion related.

And yep, no conclusion for this blog entry.

; )

4 comments:

သဉ္ဇာ - Thinzar said...

hvn't read good books since I finished Dan Brown's books.. Paulo Coelho books are not that interesting.. will try Kite Runner.

Afiq Deen said...

the only paulo coelho book that is worth reading is the Alchemist. Full stop.

RITZ CHEWAN said...

I'm glad that you're reading everything, you don't have to like it... don't let someone else form your opinion for you... least of all Jakim... hehehe

A. said...

the kite runner never fail to impress me..even after reading it twice.