When We Were Young

I never had a good memory. I was considered a slow memoriser when I was in tahfiz. When other students memorise three to four pages of Quran a day, I could only manage a page. The most obvious indication of my poor memory is my inability to memorise people's name. Eventhough I sometimes can't remember how to spell simple words like disappear or dissatisfied, I can remember emotions surprisingly well.




In a nutshell, my memory is dedicated to emotional stimulis like drama, anger, confusion, curiousity etc. I can remember vividly how I ran from a enraged chicken or how I was locked in a store room for lying. I remembered the pride I felt when I earned my first ringgit like it happened a few seconds ago.




Because of this shortcoming, I keep a journal and 4 years ago, I started this blog.

No comments: