10 Things I Refuse to Do as I Grow Up

1. I refuse to act adult-ish. You know the drill. During gatherings or functions, I am expected to handle myself with an acceptable dose of machoness. If everyone acts macho, what's the point of being individuals?

2. I refuse to stop doing the little things. Little things like smelling my tea before drinking it. Or changing the channel every 10 seconds. Or attempting to burp, fart and sneeze at the same time. These little things are the things worth preserving because.. just because.

3. I refuse to stop listening and watching new things. The accumulative nature of life actions and reactions dictates that we deparmentalise interests, making them narrower and narrower. As we define the things that we like and don't like, we tend to choose films and music that we think we will like without the youthful urge to experiment. This explains why Opah can only tolerate family conflict-type malay dramas.

4. I refuse to have a 9 to 5 job.

5. I refuse to

No comments: